5/13/2017

Dear Diary [Writing]

June 20, 2016

In This Moment:

This moment I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm for a couple Sia songs/ videos. And by curb I mean not give in to some OCD-like impulses I have to put "Chandelier" or "Elastic Heart" on repeat and shed a tear every time I watch the latter....



Over the years I find I sort of latch on to ideas, movies, crafts, tv, tv characters, and there's something inside me that it reaches and fills (insert inappropriate joke here). For instance, during university I was stressed WAY past adorable, and I would watch certain parts of *ahem* the amazingly not amazing WB (?) teen drama Roswell well into the night. And not even the entire show: at first it was the opening (who can resist Dido, though) and then it was certain G-rated scenes between the 2 mains that just struck a chord and I was mesmerized. That there would be escapism at it's finest.

The Sia songs/ videos have attached themselves to me with an extension cord. Between the choreography in the videos and the song content I am again mesmerized, but I think she's joining my collection of people (all women so far!) that are sharing their mental anguish with the larger public in order to better...
BARKING BREAK!   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcomed and Cherished