5/14/2017

Viva la Spinning Jenny Revolution!*

Friends, family, countrymen,

This blog was previously devoted to learning how to write/ sharing my writing with a few friends (called the PUBlishers who met in a pub 2-3 times total), but I've dropped that ball, I'm afraid. To encourage my writing side, I am writing to the internet to observe and record the amazing transformation that I plan to implement regarding my eating habits (cure everything wrong with you with food!), my entertainment choices (TV, movies, music, reading, writing, dancing [jk], social activism, social-izing, dining etc.), moving houses (god help us all) and current creative outlets.

It will be diary-esque, in that I don't promise a daily entry, but will share any ups and downs I may have whilst attempting many regime changes.

My main focuses (foci?) are the four fun groups^:



1. FOOD:

I have been gluten-free (much to my extended family's chagrin at Christmas/ Thanksgiving) for about 3 years now. I'm possibly Celiac^^ but am not willing to eat gluten for 4 weeks to find out officially. We discovered my "intolerance" during a 30-day Paleo challenge that my husband and I did together. Even MORE recently I have noticed how space-y I am if I miss taking my antidepressants... and I read about the Whole30 thing that helps with everything from inflammatory diseases to depression and I thought: what the hey?? This is the Kool-Aid I'm drinking and will be doing for the month of June:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22668999-it-starts-with-food
You can totally click on the pics and it will take you to goodreads.com to learn more. I'm that good.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23453036-the-whole30


2. WORK and/or CREATIVITY:

I work in a used bookstore and I absolutely love it. Books? Check. People that like talking about books? Check. Recently I've been feeling drained all the time (soon to be cured by my new diet, I'm sure) and felt I needed to dial back the bookstore so as to focus on nurture other life... things. Luckily my husband has a good-paying (well-paying?) job to allow me such luxury. I am the bumblebee of creativity, and have yet to find my "niche" but I'm still flitting from writing, to art, to crochet, to blogging (?) and back again, just enjoying being able to express myself and force people to interact with my current passion/ OCD outlet. Look look look!!

The Kids call this amigurumi (or something). And I am becoming the master.

You can see other fun stuffs on my Pinterest or Instagram pages.

3. QUALITY TIME WITH HUSBAND AND FRIENDS/ FAMILY + PERSONAL DOWN-TIME

My new miracle eating will hopefully lend more time and energy (well, energy) to spending more quality time with the husband (who doesn't like TV - I KNOW) as well as not having to bow out earlier than your average bee at pollen parties (it's a new thing, you probably haven't heard of it). I am not ignoring my lovely introverty self, but sometimes I get tired of being the person having a bad day/ week and not being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. Possible quality times: walking with [bastard] dogs, games & puzzles, and moving into a better-fitting house.

As hubby was away on business for a week, I watched a TV show (or 17). While not as good as season one, I did enjoy season two of:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431438/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Rated "M" for your MOTHER should never ever watch this/ Holy MOTHER F.



4. READING

I love reading. There were some years (!) where I didn't have the attention span for anything longer than the comics in the newspaper (literally). I would now describe myself as a VORACIOUS READER and you can find me on on goodreads.com and my other blog (I KNOW!!) by clicking here or on all that bloody social media at the top of the page. (If it's not there, calm down, I'm on it.)
Current favourite author: Rainbow Rowell and I'm reading:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32768522-carry-on
Which is like a sexier stand-alone (i.e. not part of a series) Harry Potter.











So this is the plan. I hope I don't annoy you with updates. Especially if I'm doing REALLY WELL and you're all oh-my-god-if-she-talks-about-Whole30-one-more-time. Good lord, wish me luck, at any rate!!!!!

Sincerely,

 ~Spinning Jenny


*Oh the puns** that will abound.
** Title Pun: That the "spinning jenny" was part of the industrial revolution, and used a wheel for weaving. Explaining puns only makes them better.
^ There are actually FIVE fun groups but my mother would disown my for talking about the horizontal lambada (featured in-depth, btw, in the Neflix program: Sense8). Judy: You're welcome.
^^ I will write a COMPLETE HISTORY OF MY LIFE to give you some background/ a starting point for this experiment. But later, I'm reading a really good book that needs some attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcomed and Cherished