6/01/2017

This is How Whole30 Begins...

Not with a bang but a whimper. (I wonder if T.S. Eliot is rolling over in his dust particles right now?)

day 1: 






So I've been awake for 6 hours and it's not looking good. I started off with a bit of a snaffu, and broke a HUGE Whole30 LAW: Eat BREAKFAST! (I thought I'd run a quick errand and be back for my healthy b-fast and ended up home at noon. OOPS.)

Luckily we'd been up since 10 (!) the previous night cooking our healthy meal for today (meat didn't defrost just to spite me) and cleaning out the pantry. AND my husband was working from home this morning so when I turned up all HANGRY...


... he calmly showed me what to do for lunch, bullied me into SO MUCH SPINACH, blended my coffee with some coconut oil (soooo yummy!) and still loves me!

Possibly Most likely because I skipped breakfast (which I haven't done ever in my life ever because my brain is always like: we're awake! Why are we not eating??) I was not feeling full after my amazing beef stir-fry thingy. So I went for a nap. Woke up hungry, considered napping until dinner and decided to boil an egg (or 10) for a snack.





 Because [I'm imagining] Ryan Gosling is teaching me about Whole30-ness, I read about snacking (which I do WAY more than I thought) and how it's not a great idea, but while we're getting the right ratio of protein + 2 veggies + fat for ME, it's ok to have a mini-meal (not just nuts) to tide me over. Also not eating breakfast was a SUPER FAIL but it also didn't kill me to wait to eat.

So, learning!! I'm not panicking [yet] and am optimistic. I also love planning & organizing so I'm going to get out my craft stuff and make a chart for eating for the month. #craftninja

Also, my sister said I should take measurements of myself as a "before and after," but I don't know how to do that, so I'll just tell you I'm a jolly size large (L), with little-to-no energy, and "resting anxiety" (I'm pretty sure I've made up that term, but an example is that I'm unconsciously clenching my buttocks ALL THE TIME and would like to not. Do that. Anymore.). I also have wicked awful dreams that make me feel exhausted when I wake up.

Tonight we go to see comedian John Mulaney so we're eating our healthy before we leave, and I'm just going to sleep for 12 hours as soon as we get home so I don't think about snacking.

day 1 conclusion: "meh" (but it's my fault, so I'll live...)

Thanks for reading!!

~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcomed and Cherished